EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF
PHARMACEUTICAL AND MEDICAL RESEARCH

An International Peer Reviewed Journal for Pharmaceutical, Medical & Biological Sciences

An Official Publication of Society for Advance Healthcare Research (Reg. No. : 01/01/01/31674/16)

European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research (EJPMR) has indexed with various reputed international bodies like : Google Scholar , Indian Science Publications , InfoBase Index (In Process) , SOCOLAR, China , Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN , International Society for Research activity (ISRA) , Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) , Polish Scholarly Bibliography , Global Impact Factor (GIF) (Under Process) , Universal Impact Factor , International Scientific Indexing (ISI), UAE  , Index Copernicus , CAS (A Division of American Chemical Society) USA (Under Process) , Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ, Sweden, in process) , UDLedge Science Citation Index , CiteFactor , Directory Of Research Journal Indexing (DRJI) , Indian citation Index (ICI) , Journal Index (JI, Under Process) , Directory of abstract indexing for Journals (DAIJ) , Open Access Journals (Under Process) , Impact Factor Services For International Journals (IFSIJ) , Cosmos Impact Factor , Jour Informatics (Under Process) , Eurasian Scientific Journal Index (ESJI) , International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF) , Science Library Index, Dubai, United Arab Emirates , Pubmed Database [NLM ID: 101669306] (Under Process) , 

 ISSN 2394- 3211

Impact Factor: 4.161

 ICV - 45.77

Abstract

INCIDENCE OF HIV-1 IN ADOLESCENTS AND ADULTS TESTED AT VCTC OF GOVERNMENT GENERAL HOSPITAL, GUNTUR, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA

Kochara Suresh Babu, Naladi Baratha Jyothi and Kanikaram Sunita*

ABSTRACT

The present communication deals with the objective of revealing seroprevalence, family history, socio-demographic characteristics, and the mode of transmission of HIV in adults and adolescents tested at VCTC (Voluntary Counseling and Testing Center) of Govt. General Hospital, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is a retrospective cross – sectional record based study from April 2014 to October 2016. A total of 589 HIV positive adolescents and adult people from different villages belonging to the selected five mandals of Guntur district were recruited for the study. Out of 589 attendees of VCTC, 296 (50.25%) were male and 293 (49.75%) were female subjects belonging to the age group of 11-75 years. Out of 589 study subjects, 565 (96%) subjects became HIV positive through heterosexual partner and 24 (4%) subjects their HIV positive mothers at the time of their births i.e., through mother to child transmission (MTCT). Among 589 HIV-1 positive subjects, 143 (24%) subjects of both genders were died during the course of study period and remaining 446 (76%) subjects were alive taking antiretroviral therapy. Majority of the study subjects were labourers with low income but 94% of the subjects were literate.

Keywords: HIV incidence, mode of transmission, family history, siblings’ status, mortality.


[Full Text Article]

INDEXING

NEWS & UPDATION

  • New Issue Published

    Its Our pleasure to inform you that, EJPMR 1 July 2017 Issue has been Published, Kindly check it on http://www.ejpmr.com/home/current_issues

  • EJPMR JULY ISSUE PUBLISHED

    JULY 2017 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 July 2017

  • EJPMR New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJPMR Impact Factor has been increased from 3.628 to 4.161 due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJPMR Received Index Copernicus Value 45.77, due to High Quality Publication in EJPMR at International Level

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Article are invited for publication in EJPMR Coming Issue

Google Scholar Indian Science Publications InfoBase Index (In Process) SOCOLAR, China Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN International Society for Research activity (ISRA) Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) Polish Scholarly Bibliography Global Impact Factor (GIF) (Under Process) Universal Impact Factor International Scientific Indexing (ISI), UAE Index Copernicus CAS (A Division of American Chemical Society) USA (Under Process) Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ, Sweden, in process) UDLedge Science Citation Index CiteFactor Directory Of Research Journal Indexing (DRJI) Indian citation Index (ICI) Journal Index (JI, Under Process) Directory of abstract indexing for Journals (DAIJ) Open Access Journals (Under Process) Impact Factor Services For International Journals (IFSIJ) Cosmos Impact Factor Jour Informatics (Under Process) Eurasian Scientific Journal Index (ESJI) International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF) Science Library Index, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Pubmed Database [NLM ID: 101669306] (Under Process)